The IRS will begin to release the Earned Income/Additional Child Tax Credit (EITC/ACTC) refunds as normal.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. This means if you click on any of the links, I’ll receive a small commission.
What you need to know about your tax refund:
- Refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the first week of March
- Use the Where’s My Refund? link to check out your daily status
- Possible deposit dates for early EITC /ACTC refund filers may be available a few days around Feb. 28th
- Your funds may take longer to appear in your account depending on the financial institution (remember that most financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays)
For more information visit the Refund Timing page on the IRS website. Don’t forget to check out The Handy Tax Guy FAQ page for any additional online tax questions.
If you want more handy tax tips, then feel free to check out my latest articles here. You can sign up to get on the waiting list if you’d like to file with me.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- Best Rules for Claiming a Dependent on Your Tax Return
- When and How to Claim Tips on Your Tax Return
- Do I Need to File a Tax Return?
- How to Choose the Best Filing Status
- Top 12 Things You Must Know About the New Tax Law
For more money-saving tips and guides, subscribe to the weekly newsletter!
I’m super grateful when you share my posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest. It helps spread the word about The Handy Tax Guy and allows me to keep bringing you great content.
Until the next money adventure, take care!
Disclaimer Statement: All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The Handy Tax Guy makes no absolute representation to the correctness, mistakes, omissions, delays, appropriateness, or legitimacy of any information on this site. **Note: Each client circumstance will vary on a case by case basis**
(Original Article Date: January 31, 2017/Updated November 30, 2022)